08 December 2021

Disciples of the God of Abraham - individually

One of many special insights that I have gained recently is a love for people who are doing good, and a respect for the good works done by many such people in the world. They are helping to slow down the onslaughts of Satan and his minions. I was impressed to see that the Pope was moved as he listened to Andrea Bocelli singing 'The Lord's Prayer' and realising that the Pope has a love for and devotion to the Lord. Mother Theresa has often been cited as a true disciple of Jesus Christ.  I know Jews, Christians, Muslims and others who have love for and devotion to the God of Abraham. I know some who may show their devotion better than I do.


There are many people of other faiths who serve the God of Abraham and who really try to serve with a great love for the God of Abraham. I was impressed to be reminded of the statements of Jesus in Mark 9 and Luke 9 when the disciples told Him that they reproved someone who was casting out devils in Jesus’ name. Jesus said ‘Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me’ and ‘he that is not against us is for us’. He said that such will not lose his reward for any good thing that he does such as giving the apostles a cup of water to drink in the name of Jesus. 

I came to realise that, the Lord spoke of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints being the only true and living church on the face of the whole earth with which He is well pleased, 'speaking unto the church collectively and not individually'. In like manner, individuals in other religions that Joseph said he was told ‘I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”’ can be righteous, speaking of them individually and not collectively. 

Your and my task is now to do all that we can to help these wonderful disciples of the God of Abraham to receive a witness of the only true and living Church and receive the ordinances of salvation and exaltation, and to do what we can to help those who have passed on beyond the veil to receive the ordinances of salvation and exaltation that they did not receive while they were alive. If we omit to do these things, we will be the negligent ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment